Tuesday 1 November 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 kicks off

1 November sees the start of National Novel Writing Month 2011, the insane 30 day dash to write a 50,000 word novel.  My attempt this year will be my fourth Second Life novel and is called, "Your Clothing is Still Downloading".  Here is the opening paragraph:

I was sitting in Persky's with my sixth coffee of the day and the first two lines of an ad for a price comparison website scratched out across the back of a napkin, when Benjamin Fisher – aka Maximus Manchester – fell into the seat opposite me as though dropped through a trapdoor in the ceiling.  “I need you to log on as me tonight,” he said urgently.  “I can't talk now, I have a train to catch in five minutes.  Did you touch your coffee yet?  I've not drunk a thing since eight-thirty.”
That's all for now, folks.  If you fancy joining me in my writing quest, I'll be spending most of my time inworld this month in The Nancy Redgrave Building, my three year old building named last year in memory of the first person ever to read my first ever SL NaNo, AFK.  I've kitted out the building for the month to be a NaNo writers' hangout, which I have no doubt Nancy would have appreciated.  Here's the SLURL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Varano/65/198/1000



No comments: