Sunday 3 May 2009

Update on 'Beside an Open Window'

'Beside an Open Window,' my fifth novel, is now a few words short of 35,000 words long. Bearing in mind that I usually hate everything I've ever written by the time I cross the 30k mark, the fact that I'm enjoying writing this book as much as I am feels to me like a good omen. I'm going to take my time on this, and it's probably going to end up being quite a long novel too. As a bit of an experiment, however, I've started reading from it already inworld. On Thursdays, I'm reading for a whole hour at Milk Wood (see links on the right-hand-side panel) and I also usually read a ten minute extract each week at the Writers' Circle meeting in Cookie. Do feel free to come along and listen if you would like to. The feedback I've had so far has been wonderful, but I'm up for some 'critical bite' also, if anyone wants to offer it.

No comments: