Tuesday 22 November 2011

Your clothing is still downloading... 75% update

Still two days ahead of schedule, 'Your Clothing is still downloading' passed last night the 75% completion mark of 37,500 words.  This year's NaNoWriMo attempt, I will now reveal, concerns an SL/RL love triangle.  Here is the section that put the novel into the final quarter of its writing.
The couple I was watching appeared to have said absolutely nothing to each other for the entire duration of my brief interchange with Sarah. The woman had her back to me. The guy seemed to be looking at some vague point over her right shoulder. Sarah's bra disappeared. She wrote about throwing it in my direction and, dutifully, I entered a few words in reply. What does one do with a bra thrown at you that's witty, intelligent and slightly insecure (but not in a sexually unattractive way)? I wondered. I wrote that I contemplated putting it on my head as makeshift neko ears then thought better of it because I thought nekos looked ridiculous. Somewhere in the world, Sarah's driver typed in a laugh and told me she was making a mental note never to put her tail on when I was nearby and in a tipping mood. The guy on the table I was watching said something that looked like it contained about seven words. The woman opposite him nodded.

2 comments:

Flora Nordenskiold said...

Bravo, almost there!

HuckHax said...

Must... finish... novel...